Jim Gibbons Historical Presentations
Jim Gibbons provides informative and insightful presentations on past events and people that both educate and enlighten his audiences. Drawing from his research and knowledge of history and present day events, he brings to light information that applies to our lives today. He is available to speak to your group on a variety of topics.
60th Anniversary of the Our Lady of the Angels School Fire: December 1, 2018. Anniversary Program Now Available for Booking!
Pictured is Margaret (Peggy) Anne Sansonetti who died in the Our Lady of the Angels School Fire at 10 years-old.
His presentation on the Our Lady of the Angels School Fire in Chicago, 1958, was extremely popular in 2012, and remains so. This tragic fire killed 92 children and three nuns. Based on his research, personal interviews and passion, Jim explains the details of this event. Jim's presentation on the Our Lady of the Angels School Fire continues to draw crowds and acclaim. Susan Parker, former staff member of the Marengo-Union Library District, said Gibbons' presentation was riveting.
"He gave you the idea that you were a witness, that you were there," Parker said. "You got the feeling of urgency that everyone at the scene must have felt."
- “I just attended a South Suburban Adult Programmer (SSAP) meeting and told everyone how thrilled our patrons were with Jim Gibbons’ presentation... More
- “Many thanks for an excellent presentation on Eleanor Roosevelt. The Morton Grove Library audience was enthralled with both your slides and detailed narrative... More
- “I have heard nothing but excellent comments about Jim’s presentations on The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy and the Our Lady of the Angels School Fire... More
- “You are the best! Not only do I learn so much, you make me smile with your enthusiasm and love for what you do... More
- “On the behalf of Barrington Area Library, we would like to thank you for an outstanding program on “Our Lady of the Angels Fire”. Our patrons raved about your excellent program... More
- “Mr. Gibbons, thank you for making history fun and enlightening. My son said that he really enjoyed himself. We had a great conversation about history on our way home from your presentation. If we had more educators like yourself, more students would excel in history... More
- “The staff and students of Eisenhower High School (Blue Island, Illinois), were thoroughly impressed with your presentation that commemorated the 125th Birthday of President Eisenhower. The members of the Social Studies Department were inspired by your infectious enthusiasm and truly felt that the students could not have been more engaged.... More
- “Just a quick message to say how much I enjoyed your presentation on WWII that was given at the Alumni Center for Luther House here in Normal, Illinois last Thursday. I learned so much, and you had the audience in the palm of your hand! I hope I can hear you speak another time."
- "... Some of our patrons comments your program last night included: “Amazingly knowledgeable;” “This program was very informative and Mr. Gibbons did an excellent job;” “Mr. Gibbons is very dynamic and passionate about his presentation;” and “[The] history of WWII came alive!”
NOW BOOKING ILLINOIS’ 200th BICENTENNIAL PROGRAMS FOR 2018!
We have been booking up fast -- there are brand new presentations available and in development for 2018 & 2019